COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY IN GRANDMONT ROSEDALE
Grand River “Winter Walk” on
The “Grand River Winter Walk” will take place on Thursday, December 19, from 5 to 9 PM. This festive event will feature holiday vendors, gift wrapping, music, and more on Grand River between Warwick and Evergreen. Check www.mygrandmontrosedale.org for more details or contact Kirsten Donoghue at Grandmont Rosedale Development Corporation. Kirsten can be reached at 313-387-4732 ext 120 or
For information on becoming a vendor, click here.
Three Positions Available at GRDC
GRDC is looking for candidates for three open positions. All applications are due December 15, 2013
• Full time Volunteer Coordinator, VISTA, position starts in early February 2014 and ends in late January 2015.
• Full-time Special Assessment District Coordinator, VISTA, position starts in early February 2014 and ends in late January 2015.
Part-time Communications Manager, contract position starting in early January.
GRDC has recently purchased the building at 19120 Grand River with the goal of renovating the building and attracting new businesses to our community. We are currently seeking proposals from entrepreneurs and other small businesses interested in locating in the Grandmont Rosedale Community. Read more about this exciting opportunity here.
NINE HOMES TO BE RENOVATED IN FALL 2013
GRDC has nine new renovation projects in the works for this spring and summer. Click here for details.
LOOKING FOR A HOME IN GRANDMONT ROSEDALE?
GRDC offers beautifully renovated homes for sale at very affordable prices. Most buyers can also qualify for down payment assistance too. Check our current inventory here.
QUALITY OF LIFE PLAN IMPLEMENTATION YIELDS IMPRESSIVE FIRST YEAR RESULTS
Adopted by the community in September 2012, the Grandmont Rosedale Quality of Life Plan lays out concrete steps toward improving the quality of life in our community over the next 3 to 5 years. The plan contains strategies for neighborhood stabilization, community security, commercial revitalization, beautification and place making, youth development and community engagement. Click here to view the whole plan.
• Michigan Radio - development group having success attracting new residents
• Local Food Blogger Visits Farmers’ Market
• GRDC Homes Featured on The Bright Side TV Program
• Free Press features Love Where You Live campaign
• House Envy: Free Press features 2013 Grandmont Rosedale Open House
• BLAC Detroit Magazine Features Grandmont Rosedale
• Grandmont Rosedale Lending Solutions Success Story
• GRDC Farmers' Market Gets National Attention
• Rochelle Riley Highlights Grandmont Rosedale
• Curbed Cup 2012 Neighborhood of the Year: Grandmont Rosedale!
• Renovated Home Featured on Curbed Detroit Website
• GRDC Receives "Champion in Action Award"
• GRDC Homebuyers Featured on Channel 7's Detroit 2020
• GRDC Cited as a Model for Community-based Development
• Community Policing Pilot Project Launched in Grandmont Rosedale
• Neighborhood Open House Attracts Home Shoppers
• Our Detroit Blog Shines Spotlight on GRDC
• Detroit By Choice Documentary Movie Trailer
• Area Residents Organize Against Blight
Ever wish that there was one website you could visit to find out what is happening throughout the Grandmont Rosedale neighborhoods? Well, now there is. MyGrandmontRosedale.org is your new information gateway to the Grandmont Rosedale communities.
At MyGrandmontRosedale.org, you'll find positive stories about the people and places in the community, information about local businesses and neighborhood amenities, contact information for all community organizations, and a comprehensive calendar of upcoming events and activities in the Grandmont Rosedale community. We've also included a resource page with important contact information and helpful tips on a variety of topics.
TAKE THE "LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE" PLEDGE TODAY
The Love Where You Live campaign encourages all area residents and business owners to show their neighborhood pride by reducing litter and beautifying their community. You can join the campaign by pledging to do your part here.
To get involved, call campaign coordinator Becki Kenderes at 313-387-4732 ext 101 or email her at
. Also, visit the Love Where You Live facebook page here. https://www.facebook.com/GrandmontRosedaleLWYL